Prestatyn Town 655


3 - 3

NEWI Cefn Druids

Prestatyn Town v
NEWI Cefn Druids

Kick off:19:30 Tuesday, 30 Sept 2008
Fixture Type: Welsh Premier League

Referee: Rob Duncan

Prestatyn come from behind to earn point against Druids

Prestatyn Town 3-3 NEWI Cefn Druids (Result)

<1r>NEWI Cefn Druids will be left disappointed despite picking up a point on the road and lifting themselves off the bottom of the Principality Welsh Premier League table at Bastion Road this evening.

The Druids' Management team of Waynne Phillips and Lee Jones must have thought that they were destined for their first victory of the season, having led twice in the re-arranged clash. However, one thing that Welsh Premier League followers have established about the League's new commodity is that they never give up and they came from behind to earn a point, which sees them climb into the Top Ten.

Left-Back Jack Lewis was the hero for the Seasiders with an equaliser just five minutes from time with his second of the campaign. It was the Druids' who took the first advantage at Bastion Road though, as the recalled Chris McGinn justified his selection with the opener on 28 minutes. The lead was cut short however, when the Druids' on-loan Wrexham youngster, Chris Marriott scored through his own net just six minutes later. There was still drama before Rob Duncan blew his Half-Time whistle as another former young Dragon, Mark Stewart struck on the stroke of the Interval to give Druids the lead once again.

They then coasted to a two-goal lead and looked odds on to take all three points on offer. Former Airbus UK winger James Hussaney registered his maiden goal for the club, as he found the back of the net five minutes after the re-start.

Neil Gibson rallied his troops though, knowing that his side have twice come from two goals behind to gain points this term and they were given hope when the deficit was cut to one sixteen minutes from the end when the Player/Boss struck his second in as many matches.

This was the perfect tonic for the Seasiders who then had real hope of gaining something from the encounter and it left the Druids on the edge. The inevitable then occurred to the delight of the home faithful as Lewis grabbed the equaliser with just five minutes left on the clock.

As a result of the Druids' point, Neath drop to the foot of the Table once again, on goal difference, with just two points to their name.